Wednesday, February 2, 2011

ALL about Music

GREAT NEWS!!
Yesterday I got up with great intentions of ordering 7 tickets to the Avett Brothers in Charlotte, NC.. FAIL!! I thought pre-sale started at 12:00 wrong-o, so when I got there at 12:00 they were all gone. This morning I got online at 8:00 only to find out second pre-sale started at 10:00.. when 10:01 rolled around I had our tickets.. SUCCESS!!


A little over a year ago I found out about the Avett Brother's and I liked them but my husband LOVES them. I've always loved finding new bands. My senior year I became obsessed with Indie music.. I lean a little more toward the emo. My senior year of high school I was obsessed with OK Go, Hello GoodBye and All-American Rejects.. (I still love Tyson, lead singer). Then in college I really liked Panic at the Disco, Jack's Mannequin,  The Format, Dashboard Confessionals (or as my friend Jess calls it - my slit your wrist music)
 

Over the past few years I've gotten more into the happy indie. A few summers ago bands like Vampire Weekend, Empire of the Sun, Airborne Toxic Event (this one isn't as happy.. but it was on repeat a few summers ago so it makes the list), Phoenix, and Hockey took over my play list, just to name a few. All of which I still love.


What I'm listening to now consists of: Local Natives, Florence and the Machine, Stars, Two Door Cinema Club, Tokyo Police Club, Angus and Julia, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Robert Francis, BUT my absolute favorite, I fell in love with last summer (but just broke down and ordered the CD on iTunes a few months ago.. the entire album is amazing), Freelance Whales.

No comments:

Post a Comment